My Yellow Brick Road




I've been feelin' it, oh have I been feelin' it!  

It started 4 months ago when I stepped into unknown territory.  
It was "outta my league" stuff.  Totally out of my comfort zone, actin' like I could, portraying that I knew. {sigh} I didn't.   
So...this is when you learn fast; you learn hard.  Sleepless nights. No one to blame, but myself for getting in to the position where I found myself. 
I made it, though. I came out the other side....successful. I held fast. I not only sounded like I knew what I was talking about...now I did.  People sought out my thoughts and I contributed my voice.

What I learned.
 If you never try, never ask, never step forward, you'll never know what you are capable of knowing how much you can truly grow and in turn, give to others. I have learned more about myself in the past 7 years than I have learned in my entire lifetime. That in and of itself simply astounds me. Most steps forward have been utterly frightening, but nothing bad has happened. I have been just fine during these transitions and life changes. My situations have all worked out and have set me on the path that I am on now... my yellow brick road. Most of us know what the yellow brick road from the movie The Wizard of Oz symbolizes. The Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow face their fears and follow the path of the unknown to acquire what they truly desired (a heart, courage, and a brain). They would have never have taken that first step if it were not for young Dorothy Gale. She pushed them forward. I too am currently being pushed. The Universe is pushing me too.

I follow this road and my heart with unwavering strides. Although I feel like I stumbled a bit at times, I did not...I know this now. This entire process...this journey has made me stronger.  These trials and tribulations are part of my soul. I know exactly where I am headed and who I was meant to be.  

Wait for it...
cdl



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mighty Moat

Dunkin' Donuts in Starbucks Cup

In The Trenches