Gotta Love the Challenge!


Making a wide-sweeping comparison here...ready?

Yoga and editing.

At the moment, the latter is more prevalent in my life. However, it wasn't until recently that I realized I seemed to have a history of inadvertently doing the more challenging obstacle first, followed up by something in the same vein, yet less challenging.

I took this very action when it came to introducing myself to yoga. I thought I would try Bikram yoga first. It was the craze several years ago and I wanted to be healthier and kinder to my body. I had been boxing for about a year and was just recovering from six month injury; I was fearful of hitting the bag again, and having the same arduous healing process. 

A Bikram yoga class is 90 minutes in length and in a room heated at 104°F. I had no idea and in my first class, I could only keep my breath steady while laying flat on the floor, where the temperature was cooler. It was a bit of a shock, yet I became addicted to it, and found myself in the studio attending classes three days a week. When I approached the club owner about taking other types of yoga classes offered at the studio, and I stressed my hesitation because I felt the classes might be too challenging for me. The owner looked at me like I was crazy. I had mastered the most challenging type of yoga! Really, Cindy?

Over the years, this has not been the only occurrence of this nature. I divorced while still in the planning stages of "the next",  and I moved to a completely different part of the state without have secured employment. Lastly, I am in the process of growing my freelance editing business, and have taken on one of the most challenging components of editing/writing: ghost writing. Ghost writing presents a unique situation where you are writing a story for someone else. Not only do they have to love it, but hopefully their readers when it is published. Just the sort of predicament I love to be in! 

I thrive in situations where I am pressured to learn quickly with the mentality that if I can do this, I can do anythingPushing myself and growing!

I love this quality about myself and I look forward to embracing it throughout the rest of my life! Bring on the challenge, Universe!

cdl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mighty Moat

Dunkin' Donuts in Starbucks Cup

In The Trenches